Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN) Switch
Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN) is the new generation Ethernet with support for communicating real-time traffic. It allows merging hard real-time, soft real-time and best effort traffic in the same network. TSN guarantees the delivery of messages on- time, the interoperability and standardization of all the devices in a Deterministic Ethernet network. Additionally, thanks to the TSN seamless redundancy mechanism (IEEE 802.1 CB) implemented on MIL-TSN-SWITCH the availability of the system is drastically improved compared to other traditional redundancy mechanisms.
This technology offers a significant cost reduction in equipment investment, maintenance, seamless integration of advanced analysis services and a reduction of dependence on a single vendor. All these advantages make Time-Sensitive Networking the reference technology in the Ethernet networks of the future.
The MIL-TSN-SWITCH is a Military COTS family of Relyum Edge Computing equipment focused on Ground and Airborne applications. It supports the largest number of TSN standards in the market, which makes it suitable for any specific profile. These key features makes MIL-TSN-SWITCH platform the most reliable and multipurpose networking device for critical environments.
In terms of external networking connectivity, it supports Copper and Fiber Optic ports. An additional 1x 1G RJ45 Ethernet service port is accessible in a specific connector. The support for different media type and its distribution in the MIL-DTL-38999 connectors allow implementing complete and cost-effective network infrastructures.
The heart of this versatile equipment is a Reconfigurable MPSoC platform that includes 64bit ARM CPUs, GPU and a latest generation FPGA in the same Integrated Circuit. The switching and routing functions are accelerated by hardware in the FPGA section. This flexibility allows offering different TSN Bridging & Computing personalities according to the requirements of the program.
As an example, this flexibility allows offering equipment versions supporting Time-Sensitive Networking in all the networking ports.
The military certifications of the equipment include environmental, mechanical and electromagnetic aspects according to MIL-STD-810G and MIL-STD-810F. Additionally, the equipment has obtained the cybersecurity certification Common Criteria-LINCE by the Spanish Cryptological National Agency (CCN- Centro Criptológico Nacaional).
MIL-TSN-SWITCH supports accurate time distribution via PTP and NTP. If GNSS sourced Grand Master operation is required, a GNSS/PTP/NTP Grand Master Clock capability.
- Versions available with different number of ports: e.g..8x 10/100/1000-BaseT TSN Ports
- Versions available with different number of ports: e.g. 4x 1 GbE SR/LR Fiber Optic TSN Ports
- General purpose Service Ethernet Port
- Latest Generation ARM, GPU and FPGA Hardware
- Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN)
- Precision Time Protocol (PTP)
- Auxiliary RS232 Console Port
- Edge-computing capabilities for user defined applications
- General Purpose, PPS and IRIGb Input and Output available on auxiliary connector
- Optional Grand Master/Time Server/Clock bridging capabilities
- Sealed Military Enclosure Cold Plate Cooled
- Dual redundant MIL-STD-704 AC/DC Power Supply
- Tested and Certified by Independent Official Laboratories per MIL-STD-810G & MIL-STD-461G & Lince Common-Criteria Cybersecurity
Please, provide contact details in order to send you the product datasheet by email.