Time-Sensitive Networking Gateway
Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN) allows to merge OT and IT worlds and guarantees the interoperability and standardization of all the devices in a deterministic Ethernet network.
This technology offers a significant cost reduction in equipment investment, maintenance, seamless integration of advanced analysis services and a reduction of dependence on a single vendor.
All the above advantages make Time-Sensitive Networking the reference technology in the Ethernet networks of the future.
RELY-TSN-CPPS is Relyum’s first TSN gateway designed for seamless implementation of Deterministic Ethernet networks. Based on SoC-e*’s TSN technology, this device benefits from a robust and field proven design used in the most demanding sectors (railway, aerospace, automotive, industrial automation, etc.).
RELY-TSN-CPPS includes 2 multi-media Gigabit external ports that allow to connect to the TSN network, through redundant links based on IEEE 802.1CB standard.
On the other side, RELY-TSN-CPPS simplifies connectivity in the Edge by implementing a flexible multi-vendor input switchboard to support communication with OT devices. Also, direct connection with digital and analogue sensors can be added to the platform.
These key features make RELY-TSN-CPPS the most reliable and multipurpose networking device for critical environments.
*Selected as one of the 17 key industry players in the Automotive Ethernet Markets to 2024 Report
- 2x TSN Ethernet ports
- Media options (SFP cages):
- 1 x 10/100/1000BaseTX Ethernet Service port
- RSTP IEEE802.1w
- LLDP support
- VLAN support
- IEEE 802.1P Traffic prioritization
- 2 x USB ports
- 1 x RS485 port
- 1 x Pulse-Per-Second (PPS) SMA output
- On-board FPGA for high-speed network switching and PTP timestamping
- Multi-core CPU unit to support autonomous software applications
Multi-vendor I/O protocols
- Input Switchboard: Modbus TCP/RTU, Profibus, Siemens S7, MTConnect, etc.
- Output Switchboard: Modbus TCP, MQTT, OPC-UA, DDS, IT TCP/IP based services, etc
- IEEE 802.1AS – Timing and Synchronization
- IEEE 802.1Qbv – Enhancements for Scheduled Traffic
- IEEE 802.1Qav – Forwarding and Queuing Enhancements for Time-Sensitive Streams
- IEEE 802.1Qcc – Enhancements for Stream Reservation Protocol
- IEEE 802.1CB – Frame Replication and Elimination for Reliability
Sensor Module (optional)
- 3 x Digital inputs: Isolated 0-24 VDC
- 1 x Analog input: 4-20 mA
- 1 x Potential-free relay output 250 VAC max
- 1 x Three-wire RTD (PT100) temperature sensor interface
- 1 x Thermocouple Type K sensor interface
- 1 x Integrated electronic piezoelectric (IEPE) accelerometer input
- 1 x RS422 (optional)
- 1 x RS485 + 1 x RS232 (optional)
Configuration and Management
- SSH, Netconf support
- On-board integrated Web Server to provide HTML5-GUI configuration access:
- Accessible through HTTP(S)
- Configuration profiles and Firmware updates
- Real-time network monitoring