Time-aware Redbox-DAN PCIe NIC
In a market that is undergoing the revolution of new powerful small sized equipment, RELY-SYNC-HSR/PRP-PCIe provides the most demanding networking features to any kind of PC, regardless of its size.
PCI Express (PCIe) is the most extended high-speed serial computer expansion bus. It is the de-facto standard for expansion boards in PC computers and it is gaining acceptance in Industrial PCs and even in SCADA systems.
RELY-SYNC-HSR/PRP-PCIe is a smart pluggable board that comprises in the same device hardware and software resources to implement specialized networking, synchronization and security oriented services. Its flexible design allows it to be fitted in full height or low porfile slots.
RELY-SYNC-HSR/PRP-PCIe can be used as a multi-media PCIe Redbox-DAN, operating as an HSR/PRP node of a high-availability network and connecting an Ethernet network segment with an HSR/PRP network.
The device uses dedicated hardware for low latency switching and for implementing high accuracy clock synchronization based on IEEE 1588 standard.
Full height slot
Low profile slot
- Autonomous management of Supervision Frames and IEEE 1588-2008 PTPv2 support
- Cut-through operation for the HSR ring to minimize the latency in the ring
- Store&forward for PRP and Ethernet operation
- 2x HSR/PRP/Ethernet ports
- 1x Ethernet port
- Media options (SFP cages):
- Zero-Packet-Loss redundancy modes:
- IEC 62439-3 v3 Clause 5 “High-availability Seamless Redundancy (HSR)”
- Supported modes: H, N, U, HSR-SAN, PRP-HSR, HSR-HSR
- IEC 62439-3 v3 Clause 4 “Parallel Redundancy Protocol (PRP)”
- Supported modes: Duplicate discard, duplicate accept, transparent reception, PRP-HSR
- Optional Redundancy modes:
- IEC 62439-2 Clause 5 “Media Redundancy Protocol (MRP)”
- “Device Level Ring (DLR)”
- RSTP IEEE802.1w
- VLAN support
- IEEE 802.1P Traffic prioritization
- 1 PPS output (MMCX interface)
- PCIe x1. Full height / low profile slot*
- Seamless integration on old Legacy PCI Systems through optional adapter
- Ethernet network drivers available for most OS (Linux, Windows, VxWorks, etc.)
- IEEE 1588-2008 PTPv2 Ordinary Clock and Boundary Clock support
- Profiles: Default, Power, IEC 61850-9-3, IEEE 802.1AS
- On-board FPGA for high-speed network switching and PTP timestamping
- Multi-core CPU unit to support autonomous software application
Configuration & Management
- On-board integrated Web Server to provide HTML5-GUI configuration access:
- Accessible through HTTP(S)
- Configuration profiles and Firmware updates
- Real-time network monitoring
*To be defined on purchase order.