High-availability Military Switch Router SOM with connectors
The RELY-MIL-SOM-FLEX is a Managed 1/10G Ethernet Switch, Router and Edge Computing COTS SOM family focused on Ground and Airborne applications.
It supports up to 20x 1G copper ports and up to 4x 1/10G Fiber Optic (FO) ports. An extension bus and connector is provided to extend functionalities via an auxiliary board.
An additional 1x 1G RJ45 Ethernet Service port is accessible in a specific connector. The support for different media type and its distribution in the MIL-DTL-38999 connectors allow implementing complete and cost-effective network infrastructures.
The heart of this versatile equipment is a Xilinx Ultrascale+ MPSoC device that includes 6x ARM CPUs, 1x GPU and a latest generation FPGA in the same Integrated Circuit. The switching and routing functions are accelerated by hardware in the FPGA section. This flexibility allows offering different Switching & Routing & Computing personalities according to the requirements of the program.
As an example, this flexibility allows offering equipment versions supporting HSR/PRP, (M)RSTP or Time-Sensitive Networking protocols with the same hardware. Fiber Optic rings combining these protocols are feasible thanks to the inter-switch coordination mechanism developed by RELYUM.
This module is qualified for environmental, mechanical and electromagnetic military certifications according to MIL-STD-810G and MIL-STD-461G. Additionally, specific personalities embedded in the module have obtained the cybersecurity certification Common Criteria-LINCE by the Spanish Cryptologic National Center.
- Up to on-board 20x 10/100/1000-BaseT copper ports
- Up to on-board 4x Fiber Optic ports. Options:
- 4x 1G FO SR ports
- 4x 1G/10G FO Short Range (SR) or Long Range (LR) ports.
- General purpose Ethernet Service port
- Latest generation ARM, GPU and FPGA hardware
- High-availability Seamless Redundancy (HSR)
- Parallel Redundancy Protocol (PRP)
- Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN)
- Precision Time Protocol (PTP)
- Auxiliary RS232 console port
- Edge-computing capabilities for user defined applications
- General Purpose, PPS and IRIGb Input and Output available on auxiliary connector
- Optional Grand Master/Time Server/Clock bridging capabilities
- Qualified for MIL-STD-810G & MIL-STD-461G & Lince Common-Criteria Cybersecurity
- Extensible through high-speed connector to support additional features (high-speed networking, time-server, etc.)
- Cybersecurity certified equipment (CC-Lince) by the Spanish Certification Authority (CNN).
Please, click on the following link to download the brochure: