Military Switch Router System-on-Module
As a complement to its end equipment portfolio, RELYUM offers RELY-MIL-SOM family, an electronic board product range based on the RELY-MIL products.
These System-on-Module solutions benefit from RELYUM’s large experience in FPGA-based engineering and a full in-house design, that allows product customization and guarantees the evolution of the devices to incorporate future requirements.
This product evolution can be performed through firmware upgrades or through new Personalities loaded in the hardware platform. This Personality concept is based on the capability of the FPGA technology to support different functionalities based on the FPGA design loaded on it.
RELY-MIL-SOM products include not only the hardware platform itself, but also the firmware image embedded in the electronic board, based on the mentioned Personalities, resulting a full operative switching device, ready for being integrated in a custom enclosure.
Some of the functionalities supported by the available Personalities are:
- High availability Seamless Redundancy (HSR) and Parallel Redundancy Protocol (PRP)
- Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN)
- Precision Time Protocol PTP/ IEEE 1588v2: Grandmaster, Master, Slave, Transparent Clock
- Time server and bridge operation with GNSS: Time source, geolocation
- L3 general functionalities: static routing and dynamic routing, OSPFv2, OSPFv3, RIPv2, BGPv4, BGPv6, EIGRP, PIM DM, PIM SM, VRRP, etc.
- L2 general functionalities: IEEE 802.1Q for VLAN tagging and VLAN based Ethernet priorities, Ethertype based switching, IEEE 802.1p for Class of Service CoS, etc.
- Security mechanisms: IEEE 802.1X, MAC port binding & authentication, TPM, RADIUS, etc.
- Firewall and VPN
Additionally, as being based on RELY-MIL end equipment, this hardware incorporates field-proven and certified (MIL-STD-810F, MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-461G) technology. The resulting RELY-MIL-SOM products combine high-quality design and value-added features in a rugged platform specifically designed for critical sectors.
With this OEM solution, System integrators can develop their own Rugged Switch-Router devices, minimizing the technical risk of product design and reducing significantly the prototyping stage, and therefore, the time-to-market that demands a fast paced market environment.