Time-Sensitive Networking Traffic Recorder
Nowadays, convergence to Ethernet networks is becoming a reality at all levels. Additionally, in critical sectors like automotive, aerospace, railway, industrial automation, etc., this Ethernet convergence must go hand-in-hand with determinism for avoiding critical traffic to be affected by non-critical traffic. Time-Sensitive Networking has come out as the definite solution for covering these demands.
However, due to the complexity of TSN networks, it is essential being able to analyse the network communications at frame level for protocol validation, performance analysis, conformance testing and forensic purposes. Furthermore, the validity of this analysis will be constrained by the capability of the infrastructure to correlate the frames with a common time reference.
For that purpose, Relyum has developed RELY-TSN-REC, a device that is able to inspect, timestamp and record regular Ethernet and Time-Sensitive Networking traffic, using the same IEEE 802.1AS timing reference than the other equipment in the network under analysis.
- 2 x SFP cages for 10/100/1000Base-TX Ethernet copper or 100Base-FX/1000Base-X fibre for TAP or Port recording.
1 x SFP cages for 10/100/1000Base-TX Ethernet copper or 100Base-FX/1000Base-X fibre for connecting the Time Reference for traffic timestamping (support for IEEE 802.1AS synchronization protocol).
1 x 10/100/1000Base-TX Ethernet copper port for Console management and for non-stop remote access to recorded data.
- Simultaneous read/write data operation supported
- Industrial temperature grade high capacity SSD disk
- Remote access to local storage; standard file format (PCAP) compatible with Wireshark.
- Triggering based on:
- Direct I/O Signals
- Modbus/S7/MQTT variables
- Packet monitoring tool (for traffic content inspection)
- Based on standard filtering format used in the sector
- Support for IEEE 802.1AS synchronization through expansion port.
- 1 x RS485 port
- 2 x USB type A ports
- 1 x Pulse-Per-Second (PPS) SMA output
- 1 x Sensor expansion module (optional)
- Fanless design
- Full metal enclosure
- Redundant Power Supply: 9VDC to 30 VDC
- Operating temperature: -40°C to +70°C
- Storage temperature: -40°C to +85°C
- Mounting: DIN rail
Configuration and Management
- Dedicated Ethernet service port
- SNMPv3, SSH
- Web-based HTML5-GUI access/configuration:
- Accessible through HTTP(S)
- Configuration profiles and Firmware updates
- Real-time network monitoring
RELY-TSN-REC is a flexible platform with a high number of available configurations to offer the most suitable device for each customer. This flexibility is achieved through optional pluggable modules, which cover the most diverse applications of the Critical sectors.
The Sensor Module has been designed to provide in a single board a wide range of input and output signals commonly used in the Industry, in order to interact with the environment. The inputs and outputs available in this module are:
- 3 x Digital inputs: Isolated 0-24 VDC
- 1 x Analog input: 4-20 mA
- 1 x Potential-free relay output 250 VAC max
- 1 x Three-wire RTD (PT100) temperature sensor interface
- 1 x Thermocouple Type K sensor interface
- 1 x Integrated electronic piezoelectric (IEPE) accelerometer input
- 1 x RS422 (optional)
- 1 x RS485 + 1 x RS232 (optional)
To extend the capacity of input/output switchboard, it is possible to connect a second Sensor Module to one of the non-used slots.