Massive Fiber Optic connectivity SOM
The RELY-MIL-FO-SOM is a Managed 1/10G Ethernet Switch, Router and Edge Computing Military COTS SOM family focused on Ground and Airborne applications that demands massive Fiber Optic based connectivity.
It supports up to 4x 1G copper ports and up to 24x Fiber Optic (FO) ports following the next configuration: 16x 1G FO Short Range (SR) ports, 4x 1G/10G FO SR ports, 4x 1G/10G FO Short Range (SR) or Long Range (LR) ports.
An additional 1x 1G RJ45 Ethernet Service port is accessible in a specific connector. The support for different media type and its distribution in the MIL-DTL-38999 connectors allow implementing complete and cost-effective network infrastructures.
The heart of this versatile equipment is a Xilinx Ultrascale+ MPSoC device that includes 6x ARM CPUs, 1x GPU and a latest generation FPGA in the same Integrated Circuit. The switching and routing functions are accelerated by hardware in the FPGA section. This flexibility allows offering different Switching & Routing & Computing personalities according to the requirements of the program.
As an example, this flexibility allows offering equipment versions supporting HSR/PRP, (M)RSTP or Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN) protocols with the same hardware. Fiber Optic rings combining these protocols are feasible thanks to the inter-switch coordination mechanism developed by RELYUM.
This module is qualified for environmental, mechanical and electromagnetic military certifications according to MIL-STD-810G and MIL-STD-461G. Additionally, specific personalities embedded in the module have obtained the cybersecurity certification Common Criteria-LINCE by the Spanish Cryptologic National Center.
- Up to 24x Fiber Optic ports:
- 16x 1G FO Short Range (SR) ports
- 4x 1G/10G FO SR ports
- 4x 1G/10G FO Short Range (SR) or Long Range (LR) ports.
- Short (SR) or Long Range (LR) ports
- General purpose Ethernet Service port
- Latest generation ARM, GPU and FPGA hardware
- High-availability Seamless Redundancy (HSR)
- Parallel Redundancy Protocol (PRP)
- Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN)
- Precision Time Protocol (PTP)
- Auxiliary RS232 console port
- Edge-computing capabilities for user defined applications
- General Purpose, PPS and IRIGb Input and Output available on auxiliary connector
- Optional Grand Master/Time Server/Clock bridging capabilities
- Qualified for MIL-STD-810G & MIL-STD-461G & Lince Common-Criteria Cybersecurity
- Extensible through high-speed connector to support additional features (high-speed networking, time-server, etc.)
Please, click on the following link to download the brochure: