TSN Bridge PCIe NIC
Time Sensitive Networking (TSN) is able to merge OT and IT worlds and would be an outstanding forward step to really ensure interoperability and standardization. An effective development of these technologies shall offer a significant cost reduction in equipment, maintenance, seamless integration of advanced analysis services and a reduction of dependence on a single vendor.
Taking into account this functionality, three basic traffic types are defined: Scheduled traffic, Best-effort Traffic and Reserved Traffic. Scheduled Traffic type is appropriated for the hard real-time messages, and the Best-effort Traffic is the general Ethernet traffic that is not sensitive to any other Quality of Service metrics. The Reserved Traffic type is for frames allocated in different time-slots but with a specified bandwidth reservation for each priority type.
RELY-TSN-PCIe is the first out-of-the-box solution for TSN that allows seamless implementation of deterministic Ethernet networks and abstract user equipment and applications from these technical complexities.
This device combines in a single equipment PCIe TSN Endpoint and TSN Bridge functionalities and provides 3 external fiber or copper tri-speed Ethernet ports.
As an Endpoint, it offers the possibility to introduce TSN technology in the device where it is hosted, enabling a seamless integration in a deterministic and time aware network.
These key features make RELY-TSN-PCIe platform the most reliable and multipurpose networking device for critical environments.
- 3x Ethernet port
- Media options (SFP cages):
- Optional Redundancy modes:
- IEC 62439-2 Clause 5 “Media Redundancy Protocol (MRP)”
- “Device Level Ring (DLR)” for Ethernet IP
- RSTP IEEE802.1w
- VLAN support
- Ethernet type based or IEEE 802.1P Traffic prioritization
- 1 PPS output
- Seamless integration on old Legacy PCI Systems through optional adapter
- 802.1AS – Timing and Synchronization
- 802.1Qbv – Enhancements for Scheduled Traffic
- 802.1Qav – Forwarding and Queuing Enhancements for Time-Sensitive Streams
- 802.1Qcc – Enhancements for Stream Reservation Protocol
- 802.1Qci* – Per-Stream Filtering and Policing
- 802.1Qcb* – Frame Replication and Elimination for Reliability
- Ethernet network drivers available for most OS (Linux, Windows, WxWorks, etc.)
- IEEE 1588-2008 PTPv2 Ordinary Clock and Boundary Clock support
- Profiles: Default, Power, IEC 61850-9-3, AS
- On-board FPGA for high-speed network switching and PTP timestamping
- Multi-core CPU unit to support autonomous software application
Configuration & Management
- On-board integrated Web Server to provide HTML5-GUI configuration access:
- Accessible through HTTP(S)
- Configuration profiles and Firmware updates
- Real-time network monitoring
*Interoperability test pending