The Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC) is the organization in charge of transforming business and society by accelerating the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). Testbeds are a major focus and activity of the Industrial Internet Consortium and its members.
SoCe attended, as an IIC member company, the Time Sensitive Network (TSN) Testbed organized by the IIC on 13-15 March in Erbach, Germany. In this testbed, SoCe collaborated with other member companies in order to test TSN implementations and interoperability. The Time Sensitive Network (TSN) Testbed is envisioned to be useful in a wide range of applications, including Manufacturing, Utilities, Transportation, Aerospace and Oil and Gas.
SoCe technology was embedded within two RELYUM TSN devices:
- RELY-TSN-PCIe: This board can act as a TSN Endpoint and as a Bridge (simultaneously)
- RELY-RB+2-TSN: This device is a 6-port TSN-compatible bridge supporting 1 Gbps speed
The framework offered by the testbed is valuable to work on the following topics:
- Analysis of combined real-time and best-effort traffic flows on a single network based on IEEE 802.1 Time Sensitive Networking (TSN)
- Vendor interoperability using standard, converged Ethernet
- Security architectures in conjunction with critical control traffic and feedback on the secure-ability of initial TSN functions
- IIoT incorporation of high performance and latency sensitive applications
- Integration mechanisms and architectures for smart edge-cloud control systems directly connected into flexible manufacturing